Finding the perfect plus size bikini swimsuit can be a challenging and daunting task. There are so many styles to choose from, where do you even begin? The summer season is coming up and it’s time to start shopping for your ideal summer attire. There are a few tips that can help you find the perfect swimsuit for every body type whether you are curvy or tall and boyish.
Recognize your body shape
First you need to identify your body shape. No two women have the same exact shape and you should take pride in your body. a properly fit swimsuit can give you confidence to show off your body. Most of us will not look like a swimsuit model from a magazine and that’s ok. This is an important step because there are certain bikinis that look best on certain body types. For example, a bikini with ruffles can add some more volume for women with smaller bust lines. A tiny, string bikini can accentuate large or wide hips.
Find the right fit
Stores will often allow you to try on your bathing suit in the store. Trying it on before you buy is ensures that your suit will fit. Stay away from a suit that is too tight because it will make you look bigger and a swimsuit that is too lose can fall off or make your body look saggy. It is also important that you are comfortable in your plus size bikini.
Bring a friend along
Bathing suit shopping can be painful, especially if you haven’t quite hit the gym as much as you had planned around New Year’s. Sometimes it is a good idea to bring a friend or two along for some extra opinions. Your friends may give you some useful suggestions and you may be pleasantly surprised. We are often our own harshest critic.
Find the proper support
Make sure you are properly supported when you put on your bikini. For example, a larger bust may be more suited for a V-neck halter top compared to a string bikini top because it gives better support. This will allow you to be comfortable to move around the beach or the pool without worrying about exposing too much. Bikinis come in a variety of styles and shapes. Some offer more coverage while others can be quite revealing. A perfect swimsuit will create a symmetrical and proportionate figure.
Get your swimsuit based on what looks best on your body type
1. Hour-Glass- FigureThanksto your body shape, you can look great in just about everything! Try to pick one that accentuates your natural curves – a two-piece is an ideal choice! Avoid ones that are too tight or too small, as they have the tendency to flatten your shape and look unflattering.
2. TriangleShape- Since you have narrow shoulders, you focus on accentuating your upper torso. Light color printed bikini tops with a deep neck work well. Contrast that with a dark bottom to bring some balance to the body.
3. InvertedTriangle- Match a halter neck top with a full-size bikini bottom. A bottom that has the right frills will add some weight to your lower half. Remember, your focus is to balance out the upper and lower torso.
4. Apple Shape- With a beautiful rounded figure like yours, shop for a one-piecesuit that shows off your best features while flattening your tummy. You’ve been endowed with a big bust, so ensure that your swimsuit has underwire.
5. Athletic Shape- Aim for all kinds of frills and extra fabric that will develop the illusion of a curvier body. Show off the shoulder and opt for low-cut necks. This will add some volume to your top and bottom and that’s exactly what you should be going for.
6. Rectangular Shape- A one-piece swimsuit is perfect for flaunting the rectangular body structure. A little detailing, a cutout or belt can be the fun add-on in your plus size swimsuit. A strapless top and plunging neckline will make the bust look fuller.
No matter what shape you are, swimwear can perfectly flatter your body when you are strolling around on the beach. If you know what body type you have, you will be able to flaunt it with confidence. When you are going to buy plus size swimsuit from a shop, you can get suggestions from the shop attendants and the experts.